Choosing a Mold Abatement Contractor
How do I go about choosing a Mold Abatement Contractor?
When choosing a mold abatement contractor the best advice is the use of common sense.
- Ask for a copy of your contractors Certifications for the following credentials:
- Indoor Air Quality Inspector
- Indoor Air Quality Specialist
- Mold Inspector
- Mold Remediator
- Request a Certificate of Insurance from your contractor for the following coverages:
- Workers Compensation
- General Liability
- Professional Liability
- Auto Insurance
- Consider using a "Third Party" – mold testing firm to eliminate the conflict of interest when validating mold remediation is required
- Choose firms who offer at a minimum a "One Year Warranty" on the work performed
- Choose contractors who incorporate the use mold cleaning agents and coatings which are free of bleach, ammonia's and VOC's
Should I install a dehumidifier?
If all home owners with a basement installed a dehumidifier, much of our work would dry up.
The simple remedy to preventing mold fungi formation is to control the level of relative humidity. The dehumidifier will electronically remove water vapor from the air in a confined space. The dehumidifier will not only work well with air conditioning, it will save you money. The air conditioning system (AC) will operate much more efficiently by allowing the dehumidifier to remove water vapor instead of the AC condensate pump, thus cooling dryer air instead of moist air. This dynamic allows clients to set thermostats higher in the summer creating a demand for less energy, lowering costs and paying for the dehumidifier over time.
Get A Free Estimate For Mold Quote
"The detailed interest and extra effort performed at our home was very impressive to both my wife Ruth, and me. I thank you for your efforts. Dial must be very proud of its representatives and especially your efforts in ensuring a very satisfied customer."
- Ruth and John Vallone
"I wanted to let you know that I'm thrilled with your services. The last two technicians that came to my home...today was Joe and last time Scott... were pleasant, knowledgeable and represented your company well. Please thank them and pass along my praise to your owners."
- Scott E.
North Caldwell, NJ
"I only wish I had known about your company several years ago. I would have enjoyed many years of 'bug-free' living. I look forward to a long and satisfying relationship with your company."
- Jean S.